Nordom would like to share a vacancy which came to our attention and could be interesting for our alumni or other intrigued parties.
Ghent University is looking for an Assistant Professor in Swedish linguistics and language proficiency. Further information can be found below.
Vacancy: Assistant Professor in Swedish linguistics and language proficiency at Ghent University
Starting from 1 September 2024, a part-time (80%) mandate of (Tenure Track) assistant professor is vacant in the Linguistics department of the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy, with a specialization in Swedish linguistics and language proficiency. The mandate includes academic education, scientific research and academic service in the domain of Swedish linguistics and language proficiency.
The selected candidate will teach various course units in the discipline of Linguistics, more specifically Swedish linguistics and language proficiency and carry out research within these domains.
We are seeking candidates who possess:
– Outstanding academic research in linguistics, more specifically Swedish linguistics and language proficiency, reflected in high-quality publications in peer-reviewed academic journals and peer-reviewed books
– Native or near-native command of Swedish – PhD in Linguistics (all fields)
– Two years of post-doctoral experience on 1 September 2024. The period of two years starts on the date when the required diploma was awarded.
– The ability to initiate, supervise and acquire the necessary funding for academic research
– Didactic skills to teach university students to develop academic competences International mobility, positively evaluated experience in provided or organized academic lecturing, professionalization of education and experience with digital skills and recent methods for linguistic research are considered assets.
All information about the position, including how to apply, is found here.
Deadline for applications is 7th March, 2024, 23.59, Central European Time
For further information regarding this vacancy, please contact Professor Claudia Crocco (Claudia.Crocco at UGent.be, +32 (0)9 2649592) Head of the Department of Linguistics.